UnknownThis is what you call the roughest of mock ups.Physical Description:
- Zhiniba stands about 5'5". Her tail is about 30 inches long. Her fur is a light golden brown with soft white along her front. Without any adornments, she looks like many of the other feline humanoids in their prime. Powerful muscles are hidden beneath the luxurious coat of fur. A minor physical difference between her and the average Concolor is missing teeth. Premolar teeth behind her upper left canine are missing. A major physical difference and noticeable from a distance is a distinctive pattern of fur that grows along her front from neck to pelvis. The fur has hues of green and blue in swirling circles and arcs, an ancient script tattooed onto her flesh, that changes the color of the fur that grows from the marks.
Zhiniba is rarely without any adornment. Her love of shiny metal is ever present in the necklaces, bracelets, anklets, taillets, and rings that she wears. Brilliant yellow Golds, flashing white silvers, rich red and orange coppers are maintained and often swapped out daily or weekly. Some of the jewelry bears precious stones of a variety of colors. Like many of her people, Zhiniba rely on their fur to stay warm and only use cloth for modesty and fashion. She wears a short wrap around her waist a bit of cloth over her shoulders that covers her upper arms, neck, and chest. It hangs loose most of the time. An additional set of functional jewelry can often be found in her possession, rune carved iron teeth to fill in the gap in her mouth where her own teeth are missing.Personality:
- Zhiniba is known to be Seductive and Cruel. More than one male has tried to bed the sorceress queen only to be discovered as a shredded corpse the following morning. Zhiniba does have a few males that she keeps as he personal harem. Each are tall and strong near seven foot apiece and fiercely loyal. They are also rendered mute by runes carved into their mouth. Zhiniba is sometimes playful and occasionally meek around these few harem/guards.
When dealing with other rulers, she is authoritative and a fierce defender of her people. "Diplomacy is just another form of seduction," she might say, but she gives no ground in negotiations. Others have learned that if she backs off, then she is still coming out ahead.
She has no children and while is not necessarily cruel to children, she also has nothing to do with them. Her people remember her as her queen for generations and generations, if Zhiniba has family, they would have died a long time ago. When the Concolor speak of Zhiniba it is both in fear and admiration. They know that her life is unnatural and this gives her the air of wisdom and intelligence with that enigma of longevity. Backstory:
The only establishment within the Concolor with longevity to match Zhiniba is that of the Lore Keepers. The Muukii clan keeps the records of the Concolor and is the only family of the Concolor to be given respect by Zhiniba. One of her harem/guard is always from the Muukii clan. Even the Muukii clan are not as old as the Sorceress Queen, but this is the record of her beginning as told to the venerated first Muukii by Zhiniba herself.
"I was on a hunt. The morning dew on the grass smelled fresh and clean and the lingering trail of a grazing deer was pulling me along the thin trails in the mountain. The early morning light was more than enough to see by but in the far sky, I could still see the pinpoints of light of a million distant suns.
"I climbed the mountainside slowly until I saw my prey. She was beautiful, sleek and fat. I could nearly smell the blood and meat in my nose. Then the ground shook. Not just the mountain, but all the ground for miles around. The deer bolted and I jumped, but the ground opened and I fell into the underworld.
"I do not know how far I fell. The landing was ... unkind. I felt the pain from head to tail and could not move my limbs. I could twitch my tail and see only from one eye. But with my one eye I could see something approaching. A massive skeleton draped in black and fiery orange flesh, the tiger demon Pagukzhin. He went to eat me as carrion but I batted him with my tail. I had enough life left in me to have him pause. He looked in my eye and I could smell his breath filling my nose. He offered me a deal. I accepted."
The first Muukii does not record the deal, or any more details than this. The records indicate that Zhiniba said more, but the first Muukii refused to inscribe the words of the demon. His note is 'I am burdened with testament'.
"I was restored with the agreement of Pagukzhin on my flesh. He stitched me back together with the agreement and he took one of my teeth. As per part of the agreement I watched and waited for a hundred years on the mountain until the ghost of my prey returned. Thousands, hundreds of thousands of deer came and went and I watched them all. I saw daughters and sons graze and frolic and run and die. Then I saw Jimonibay, the ghost deer, a deer without a body, and I continued the hunt I had started so long before.
"Of course she ran. But I had new vigor, new purpose. Pagukzhin thought he could test my will. He only taught me to be more patient than ever. When I caught Jimonibay, I did not kill her. I did not kill the ghost of my past as Pagukzhin thought I would do. Instead I fulfilled the agreement and I waited with Jimonibay in my mouth day and night. She begged and she pleaded. She wanted the long death. She made promises and begged for deals. When Pagukzhin finally could not contain his patience any longer he stalked to the surface and demanded his prize.
"I gave Jimonibay to Pagukzhin, and then I said to Jimonibay, 'I accept.' Pagukzhin held the tortured spirit of Jimonibay in his mouth and I pulled a tooth from my head and placed it in the head of the spirit deer. 'The Concolor honor their deals and they honor their prey.'"
The first Muukii does not record the words of Jimonibay and the specifics of the deal made, but the first Muukii states, 'The prey that is deer should never be tortured. If you are to eat them, be swift and remember that Jimonibay also gives.'
Pagukzhin lost Jimonibay as the spirit slipped away. Zhiniba told many things to the first lore keeper. The second lore keeper records that Muukii was the only Concolor she refered to as he friend. All the Muukii are grateful for this. Abilities:
The seemingly immortal Zhiniba wields mystical powers giving her the title of Sorceress. The limits of her abilities are unknown, but many have taken note of the things she does.
- The rune binding in the mouth of her harem/guards. They do not speak and never appear to tire.
- Sometimes, the Sorceress Queen finds herself in the role of a midwife. For a bit of jewelry, Zhiniba will inscribe the health markings on the child and they will not know sickness until they lose their youth marks.
- The Sorceress loves illusions and will appear in one place while being in another. She will also create many duplicates of herself, some of which appear to have more substance than illusion.
- The disgrace of the Chimash clan is kept by the Lore Keepers as a lesson to all Concolor. A young Chimash disobeyed the commandment against the deer. Zhiniba hunted them all, male and female, old and infant, and gutted them all. She then gave the pelts to northen humans far away from her home so that their spirits would never find a way home and the clan would forever be separated even after death. None survived and only their name remains as a lesson. The magic to ensure this was tracking/hunting spells.
- It is thought that Zhiniba keeps a pet that no one can see. This is true in that the pet she keeps is a spirit mouse, Inoonoo. She always has one eye in the spirit world. Some say that if you look deep into the eye that saw Pagukzhin, you too can see spirits for a time.
- A large amount of her jewelry has strange runes inscribed on them, but Zhiniba hardly ever explains what it does. Most feel it is more protection and enhancing her physical characteristics.