Hidden 2 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

- If the leader has no darkness marked, add 1.
[...]
- If the leader has three or more darkness marked, subtract 1.


Out of curiosity, how exactly darkness affect someone's ability to successfully navigate the wilderness?
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by XxFellsingxX
Raw
GM
Avatar of XxFellsingxX

XxFellsingxX Your Own Portable Ninja Friend

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Out of curiosity, how exactly darkness affect someone's ability to successfully navigate the wilderness?


OH SHI-

I had just finished that custom move and I was going to reveal it when ya'll entered the rainforest xD

Oh well, I might as well address it now. So as you noticed, the darkness track is tied to your emotions (Anger, Fear, Shame, Doubt). If you had more than three marked, than you're in a very... negative headspace, I guess? Which means you're not thinking clearly when you're trying to navigate an area. If you have no darkness mark, I imagine your mind is fairly clear and less plagued by negative thoughts.
1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by XxFellsingxX
Raw
GM
Avatar of XxFellsingxX

XxFellsingxX Your Own Portable Ninja Friend

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

So I've learnt a valuable lesson today: don't try and sneak new moves into the OOC before they're ready to come up in game, thinking no one will notice. Rush apparently sees all xD
1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Nothing escapes my omniscient gaze!
2x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Digizel
Raw
Avatar of Digizel

Digizel The Knight of Bui / Challenge me if you dare! >3

Member Seen 14 hrs ago

Heheh. I'd like to go ahead and post again, but I think I'll wait for Haruki to say something with Stargaze before that, honestly, if she's got anything to say after all that. xD
1x Thank Thank
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by XxFellsingxX
Raw
GM
Avatar of XxFellsingxX

XxFellsingxX Your Own Portable Ninja Friend

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Skobeloff looked on in fascination as Garrock began fussing over Shieldwing despite saying that he didn't care if they were injured. The sight brought to mind a word the fox-like fairies that taught him how to be a Trickster used to describe someone who externally appeared harsh and irritable but on the inside was much more caring than they appeared. 'Soon-deer' they called it... Or perhaps it was 'sunder-ray'...


OMG Rush xD

Skobeloff plays the Long Game. He rolls a 10 and chooses to create an opportunity and seize a resource.


I'm not sure if this is exactly how this move is supposed to be utilized - like I don't know if it can be your allies' failures or it can only be your own - but I'll allow it 'cause it's fun.

Liking Skobeloff so far. He really is living up to be a trickster xD
1x Like Like
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

OMG Rush xD


Well someone had to say it.



I'm not sure if this is exactly how this move is supposed to be utilized - like I don't know if it can be your allies' failures or it can only be your own - but I'll allow it 'cause it's fun.


All according to plan. >: 3

Also, according to the move description, it's up to you to decide what opportunity Skobeloff has created.



Liking Skobeloff so far. He really is living up to be a trickster xD


I'm glad you think so.
1x Like Like
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Vertigo
Raw
Avatar of Vertigo

Vertigo final bullet

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Also going to let Stargaze have a turn before I go again! Otherwise my post would be very short :D
1x Like Like
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by XxFellsingxX
Raw
GM
Avatar of XxFellsingxX

XxFellsingxX Your Own Portable Ninja Friend

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@Guardian Angel Haruki Everything alright? You've been really quiet for the last couple of days.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Online

@Guardian Angel Haruki Everything alright? You've been really quiet for the last couple of days.


Yeah, I'm okay.
Just tired from work. ^^"

I'll get a post up here soon.
2x Like Like
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by XxFellsingxX
Raw
GM
Avatar of XxFellsingxX

XxFellsingxX Your Own Portable Ninja Friend

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Yeah, I'm okay.
Just tired from work. ^^"

I'll get a post up here soon.


Alright, okay. Just wanted to check in.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Digizel
Raw
Avatar of Digizel

Digizel The Knight of Bui / Challenge me if you dare! >3

Member Seen 14 hrs ago

As I was typing this post up, I just realized that the highest Cunning we have is Shieldwing at 0. So the most observant dragon in the clutch is Shieldwing. It also means the best dragon at misleading and tricking others is also Shieldwing xD

Though now that I think about it, it's kind of strange that the Trickster gets a -1 to Cunning, I would have thought Cunning would have been their 0 stat rather than Courage.
1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

It also means the best dragon at misleading and tricking others is also Shieldwing xD


Actually, I took A Tongue Of Silver when I made Skobeloff which lets him use Charm to mislead rather than Cunning.
2x Like Like
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Digizel
Raw
Avatar of Digizel

Digizel The Knight of Bui / Challenge me if you dare! >3

Member Seen 14 hrs ago

Actually, I took A Tongue Of Silver when I made Skobeloff which lets him use Charm to mislead rather than Cunning.


Ah, that's a fair point. Hadn't considered that. That makes more sense then. But still, I think it's strange that they prioritize Courage over Cunning, but maybe that's just me.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by XxFellsingxX
Raw
GM
Avatar of XxFellsingxX

XxFellsingxX Your Own Portable Ninja Friend

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Though now that I think about it, it's kind of strange that the Trickster gets a -1 to Cunning, I would have thought Cunning would have been their 0 stat rather than Courage.


This was exactly my thought as well when I was first reading through the various playbooks. There are a couple of stat choices that did have me scratching my head. Like, why does the Nature Adept, someone who is stated to feel out of place around other dragons, have a +1 to Charm? Why does the Seer have a -1 to Cunning, when so much of their identity revolves around hidden knowledge? Then again, when you only have three stats to work with, your combinations for each playbook are limited so *shrug*
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Vertigo
Raw
Avatar of Vertigo

Vertigo final bullet

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Was also confused by Seer and Trickster stat spread - you'd think Trickster would be cunning but cowardly for example...

Will post tomorrow (getting late here), got a bunch to react to now!
1x Like Like
Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by Digizel
Raw
Avatar of Digizel

Digizel The Knight of Bui / Challenge me if you dare! >3

Member Seen 14 hrs ago

Fellwing: Shieldwing's best wingman~

EDIT: Er...would it be wingdrake? xP
Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by XxFellsingxX
Raw
GM
Avatar of XxFellsingxX

XxFellsingxX Your Own Portable Ninja Friend

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Posted. Just wanted to clarify you do have a second option as to where to start searching, because I was worried I hadn't made that entirely clear in my intro post ^^; But if everyone is agreement about going looking for Echo, then I can have Haruki roll for it.

Here's the Traversing the Wilderness move for when you guys are ready. Made a few changes to it.
1x Like Like
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Vertigo
Raw
Avatar of Vertigo

Vertigo final bullet

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

I'm game for either option! Fellwing kind of wants to support Stargaze in finding her old friend and ask some questions while at it before heading to the stronghold, unless the latter is on the way/closer. But she's not fussy either way.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

- you’ve created an opportunity; the DM will tell you how you or an ally can claim it.


*Quiet yet audible coughing noises*
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet