1 User viewing this page
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Kirah
Raw
Avatar of Kirah

Kirah Dragonbunny

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Ed Penior




Location: Space Jail
Skills: Thamaturgy: Force; Shield



Ed lost his concentration, which he had expected. He felt a bit bad about dropping the guy and checked that he was okay between getting punched. He didn't like what was happening. Lance had hulked out and Mary was acting super weird. He winced and it wasn't from getting punched. Guin was doing a mind control thing. This fight was getting out of hand. They were going to be overwhelmed so he tried to not be mad about it since this got a good portion of the people to leave.

He put his hand up, a bubble appearing around him. He did not care to be hit anymore. He remembered how much it pissed off one of his cousins when he did this and how much the cousin would try to hit him anyway. Then he sent out several blasts of force pushing four of the assailants away.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44 Tech Monkey

Member Online






Chaos, that was the best way to describe this entire situation. There were more and more people and they were still outnumbered, however the Raccoon on Groot's back seemed to not be paying attention to what was going on around him now. No, he was glancing towards the upper area that seemed kind of important, the wheels turning in his brain, it was kind of strange seeing a raccoon sitting there deep in thought on the shoulder of a walking tree.

"I have an idea, since I partially had to throw the original plan out the window, as usual," Rocket said instantly, looking more towards Gamora and Quill then anyone else.

"Well spit it out already!" Quill said to him, sounding more then a bit annoyed as he threw another punch.

"These guys are idiots, a lot of what's worked in the past will work now, here's the distraction instead of us racing around like we don't know what we're doing because someone decided to pull the main power battery out first instead of last."

"I am Groot."

"Yeah I know it worked out but still we were running around like crazy trying to rush everything!"

"I am Groot."

"Things don't always work out better when you're rushed!"

"I don't know, tends to work out alright for us. Look just spit it out what do you need already!"

"We need a guard's armband! Get that before we pull the battery! Would be easier if these goons would actually try to stop this fight! Oh and I need someone to find the prisoner with the robotic leg! I need that!"

"You do not need the leg!" Gamora and Quill said to him at the exact same time, and Rocket started laughing at the memory.

"What? I thought it was hilarious! The look on your face Quill when you showed up with the leg was great!"

"So some people hide out, try to get the armband, rest of us keep up the chaos. Not like that would be hard, chaos follows us all the time."

"Funny, could've said the same thing about this sorry lot."

Of course the conversation was shouted about to be heard over the chaos, but luckily none of the prisoners were listening (either that or they were too dumb to know anything about what the hell they were talking about) so that was a good thing. The guards still hadn't come out yet, but there did seem to be movement up above the group so the guards might actually be heading their way soon it would seem. Of course they weren't there quite yet.

Annie in her attempts to fight back only was able to knock out one prisoner and more or less just push back another one, not landing very many actual hits. Some of the prisoners were still getting pissed off and annoyed. A few of them instantly went over to Bethany, and one of them grabbed her head, lifting her off of the ground before slamming her down sideways onto the ground. She'd be able to feel blood coming from her head, and it didn't seem to be slowing down or stopping.

"People really need to lighten up a bit here clearly..." she commented, right when a prisoner came up from behind her and started to suffocate her. "Wow... You really are all idiots," she managed to say, before she instantly grabbed onto the guy's arm, and a second later his grip loosened, and then dropped to the ground, and all she did was more or less step over his body. "Like to say for the record I'm not responsible for that, it was his own damn fault."

Lance meanwhile was continuing to throw any prisoner that got within 10 feet of him away, it was pretty easy when he was a lot stronger then they were. He let out another roar, and another few prisoners got sent through another wall, though he might need to be redirected to not throwing people through walls. Since one hole in the station with a wall that goes outside could kill everyone.

Guina, I'm getting really tired... Pietro said somewhat quietly to her. The problem with a speedsters' body is that he typically needed to eat, a lot, in order to not burn too many and calories pass out. Unfortunately, when he mentioned it somewhat before to Guin that he was getting a little tired and dizzy, he had more or less been kind of ignored.

A prisoner was about to hit Guin actually, but Pietro whirled around and with a loud boom the guy went flying to the other side of the room, but the speedster seemed a little unsteady on his feet now. "I think I'm going to go to sleep now..." he muttered, before he fell backwards and passed out completely.

The others weren't totally out of the woods either, since as people have pointed out, the prisoners are pretty stupid. Despite seemingly knowing that Ed had a shield around him, several of them were surrounding Ed in his bubble and pounding on it, despite this doing absolutely nothing. Annie would end up getting knocked around a little bit too, but only a few bruises since most of the swings headed her way missed entirely.

Most of the other group that was with them were fighting more of the prisoners, and Quill was getting annoyed. "We are surrounded, so if any of us want to go with the escape plan, gonna say anyone go get a guard's armband since we are kind of all stuck, so whoever has time go!"
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose ✨Snips ✨

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Guin Stark

Location: The Kyln
Skills: Telepathy

Guin had been so focused on maintaining her battle meditation and doing her best to help everyone out that she almost didn't notice the prisoner coming at her until it was too late. Her husband, ever the overprotective speedster, managed to take out the threat - at the cost of being conscious. Her eyes widened. "Oh shit!" she cursed, looking around wildly to see if there was any food. Pietro normally kept food in his pockets, but his prison garb was severely lacking. And the only food she spotted on her first sweep was the raccoon and they needed him to get off of this space rock. "Shit, shit, shit," she added, looking again and spotting some rations sticking out the pocket of a knocked out prisoner.

"Yay! Fuck yes!" she cheered, dashing on over and grabbing the food. She then sprinted over to Pietro, sliding to the ground like she was a baseball player getting to the next base, and she cradled his head in her lap. Closing her eyes, Guin forced him back to consciousness. "Eat, it's food and not poisoned hopefully," she explained. Luckily, her stubborn husband complied. He started eating the food and Guin felt relieved. She wasn't as scared as she had been, but she didn't want him knocked out in the mild of a riot/prison escape attempt. "You're not getting out of the fighting that easily, Silver Balls."

"I'm tiiiiiiiiired, and my head is spinning."

"Yeah, well we're on the clock! And I assume you want to be alert to keep me from being murdered, so use that as motivation."

Runa Baldurdattir

Location: The Kyln
Skills: Darkness Manipulation

Runa sulked ever so slightly at the lack of acknowledgement from Lance, but then turned her attention to more pressing matters. Hopefully, the host of Asgard would be there at any moment to secure their freedom. If not though, it'd be in their best interest to follow the plan that had been proposed. In all of the chaos, she looked around, trying to spot where guards were. She could see some running in their direction, but far more up above. She used darkness to propel herself up into the air, slamming her body against the glass but it didn't break. It clearly wasn't actually glass.

Runa frowned. She then flew down, speeding on over to the other guards she had seen. Runa spotted one with an armband and she descended down on top of him. She tugged on the armband, perhaps a bit too forcefully (she was an Asgardian, after all) and his arm ripped off. Blood splashed diagonally across her face. Her eyes widened slightly. "I'm sorry, I didn't need the arm, just the band," she apologized. The guards didn't seem to forgive her, shooting at her as she shot upwards, flying back over to the others. She was hit a few times in the arm, but she hid the pain of it well.

"Rabbit, I have the armband. What's next?"

1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Online




Bethany Bell


The Kyln
Skills: Shadow Manipulation





Bethany watched as the chaos continued all around her as the racoon started to come up with some sort of plan when a group of prisoners started to surround her, one of them managed to grab her by the head. "Let me go!" Beth demanded, just as the prisoner slammed her head directly onto the ground. The world around her started spinning completely dazed by the attack, she stumbled back to her feet feeling something wet starting to slide down along the side of her face and reached out to touch it. Seeing that it was blood, she started to get really annoyed as she sent a shadowy blast at her attacker.

He stumbled backwards several feet sending the prisoner over the railing and onto the floor below them, her head started to pound as Beth cracked her neck slightly trying to get rid of the dizzy feeling. "Just tell me where you all want to go, just reach out to me and I can shadow travel to the location." Beth suggested whatever Rocket had planned better work.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by KazAlkemi
Raw
Avatar of KazAlkemi

KazAlkemi Ketterdam

Member Seen 1 day ago



Antoinette McCarthy


Location: Kyln -- Space
Skills:




Fighting seemed to prove slightly pointless, just as Antoinette’s illusions had been. She landed hits on one prisoner but missed hitting any others. That did stop them from retaliating and hitting her a few times. She was busy trying to defend herself when Rocket laid out a plan. She decided to stay with the chaos since she was already in it.
Antoinette saw Beth get hit though and exclaimed before looking for another prisoner to attack. ”Beth! You okay?” Antoinette moved closer to defend Bethany. She decided she would try her hand at simple fighting again before delving into her fire power. Antoinette wasn’t sure how it would work in a space jail and was concerned of hurting others or making a fire and fire was pretty bad in space. There was the added worry of what it would do to her mentally. Iris’s way of dying sat heavily with her.

Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Kirah
Raw
Avatar of Kirah

Kirah Dragonbunny

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Ed Penior




Location: Space Jail
Skills: Thamaturgy: Shield; Sympathetic: Healing; Hand-to-hand



Beth was bleeding and Pietro had passed out. He didn't know if his healing would even work for what was wrong with Pietro, but he figured he could at least try. As he reached out to heal them his shield fail. "Shit." He was exposed. He took a deep breath and focused on healing them again. If he could at least get them some healing it'd be worth losing the shield. He could take defensive action after that.

Beth visibly started to heal. There was no way for him to determine what was happening with Pietro though. He'd have to let it slide, and hope that Guin was helping him enough. Losing the shield wasn't great as he didn't want to keep playing the part of a punching bag, so he moved in closer to the group. There was no way he could get all of them and the other group in a bubble without getting some of the prisoners too. They'd have to shadow travel or something to get out of there.

He took a defensive position though. Prepared now to stop punches or at least dodge them.

Hidden 2 mos ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44 Tech Monkey

Member Online






The chaos with the prison fight continued, though Pietro looked like he was going to collapse again, "Once again, reasons why I carry a lot of food around... Wonder how long we were out before we got locked up... That might have something to do with it... You burn calories no matter" he muttered, clearly super unsteady on his feet.

Annie would find that she'd get more luck with her pyrotechnics as opposed to her hand to hand. Her punches weren't really doing a whole lot, but when she started shooting off the fireworks, things seemed to go a lot better. Annie would manage to knock out 5 prisoners near her, and the group would started having not too many more prisoners, about 15, however there was the swarm of guards heading their way. And they clearly weren't happy about Runa having ripped a guy's arm off, and instantly started firing off at them with their guns.

Of course, they seemed to be having the aim of Storm Troopers or something like that, since every single one of their shots went wide and missed the group. That then pissed Lance off a bit, as he grabbed the nearest unconscious prisoner and threw the guy with a lot of force, managing to knock several guards down like they were bowling pins. Things weren't going all too well clearly with everything, and hopefully for them Rocket would actually explain things or something like that. Since this was just a bunch of chaos, and they really needed to move on and all.

"...Did you really rip a whole guy's arm off?" Quill asked Runa, clearly surprised and maybe just a little weirded out.

"Well now clearly someone needs a new arm, maybe they can get from one of the other prisoners!" Rocket said, clearly finding the whole thing amusing.

"I am Groot."

"If I can't have a good laugh now then when Groot? So how about you stay quiet about it!" Rocket protested, before turning to look at Runa and everyone else. "AND I AM NOT A RABBIT!!!!"

"Rocket just shut up and actually explain what the hell we're doing!"

"Right right right, anyway there is a big battery we gotta pull out now, since things aren't going horribly wrong at the moment for once and we managed to keep Groot from pulling the plug to early, once that gets pulled out building goes in lockdown sort of where the power starts malfunctioning blah blah blah we actually can escape up into the watchtower up there and beat the crap out of everyone there and cause all the doors in this place to open up, causing more mayhem and a big escape can then happen, if we play the cards right, shouldn't be too hard. Might mess with the gravity again to allow us to have an easier time getting out without anyone else messing around with everything."

"And where is that battery exactly? Since you kind of seem hellbent on keeping things or pausing for dramatic effect and we already have more then enough dramatic people in our group, don't really need any more."

"Donwstairs, bottom level, should be in a panel along the wall on the far side from here."

"Now see, that's useful information for once!" she commented, before she ignored all of the fighting and turned, running and vaulting straight over the railing and down to the ground before, creating a wave of vines that broke her fall, allowing her to land safely on the ground. She glanced over at the wall that Rocket had indicated, and rolled her eyes, before looking up, and yelling up "You do realize that might have narrowed down the area, but it was definitely not very specific, there are more then a few," she called up, clearly sounding pissed off with regards to it. Guards saw her and instantly started shooting at her, and more were coming in around her. "Well now this'll be fun," she said with a smirk, before she used a nearby wall as a springboard and slammed her foot into one of the guards' head with a loud crack as the guy fell to the ground, before she created a wall of vines between her and the guards on the ground level, as she went and started messing with the nearest panel.
1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by KazAlkemi
Raw
Avatar of KazAlkemi

KazAlkemi Ketterdam

Member Seen 1 day ago



Antoinette McCarthy


Location: Kyln -- Space
Skills: PTSD freak out




Antoinette was pleased when the new power she developed worked out for her and she managed to knock out five prisoners before the guards started to show up. And fire their guns. Antoinette dropped to the ground, hiding her head but the shots seemed to go wide. Antoinette remained crouched on the ground, feeling herself flashing back to hearing the gunshot on the phone to a flash of running through the forest. The terror gripped her tight and Antoinette couldn’t really move. It didn’t help when there was a roar from Lance and Antoinette peeked up to see him throw an unconscious prisoner at the guards.
The gunshots paused momentarily with the throw but Antoinette didn’t trust herself to be steady and attack the remaining prisoners and guards without hitting one of her friends. She crawled across the floor, getting out of the way and watched Mary down below with her vines and attacking a wall, looking for the panel Rocket talked about.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Online




Bethany Bell


The Kyln
Skills: Shadow Travel





Bethany looked over at Annie and nodded slightly. "Yeah i'll live just a headwound nothing new really." Bethany said towards Annie as she heard the gunshots going off and noticed some guards were now opening fire on them. Luckily none of them had good aim at all really as she listened to the talking Racoon about his plan and nodded. "So we go to the battery panel or whatever and shut it off got it." Beth said as she felt her headwound healing again, and gave Ed a smile and nod. "Thanks doc." Beth said as she watched Mary recklessly jumping off of the railing and onto the ground below.

"I'll go after her, cover me if you guys can." Beth said as she shadow traveled herself to the ground floor and instantly the guards started to open fire on her. She looked around for a place to take cover seeing a wall of vines that Mary had made she quickly made her way towards them to hide behind. "What panel is it?" Bethany yelled out to Rocket seeing that there were a lot of them.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose ✨Snips ✨

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Guin Stark

Location: The Kyln
Skills: Telepathy

Guin grimaced - she had given Pietro all the food she had found, but it was clearly still not enough. "Babe? Babe, listen to me, you gotta stay down and stay safe, okay?" she told him, before kissing him on the forehead. There was gunfire all around them, as well as sounds of pain and violence. Her heart was beating loudly but she wasn't afraid - not anymore afraid than she usually was in situations like these. Maybe there really was something to be said about exposure therapy. The stupid raccoon had given them the next objective anyways - yanking out the power source.

Mary's voice was pretty faint with all of the fighting, but from what Guin heard, there were several options and she sighed. Bethany shadow traveled away and Guin shook her head. "Maybe next time, don't run off without the fucking tech expert!" she shouted. She spotted the staircase and quickly dashed on over, doing her best to avoid all of the blaster fire. For the most part, she did a great job - she was grazed in the arm at one point, and it hurt like a motherfucker, but she was still breathing. She dashed down the stairs, irritated that no one had brought her along in the first place, until she finally reached the bottom. "Okay, let me deal with this, you two can cover me, kay?"

Runa Baldurdattir

Location: The Kyln
Skills: Darkness Manipulation

Runa shrugged at the rabbit. "Yes," she said simply. She did feel a little bit bad, but they didn't have time for that sort of thing right now - and she didn't want to justify her actions to someone she didn't really know, especially not the rabbit. She just hoped that someone from Asgard would show up quickly, although a sinking feeling in her chest told her that perhaps they'd rather she just died. They wouldn't need to worry about her becoming evil if she was in Valhalla after all - or Helheim as was more likely. She didn't even recall the name of the human looking man who questioned her.

She had the severed arm in one hand and she sighed, seeing the gunfight going on around her. A few people had gone down to deal with the raccoon's next objective, so Runa decided to participate in the melee. She made a long cord, almost like a snake, out of darkness and she whipped it around, catching three rioters by the ankle and sending them slamming into the ground, knocking them out cold. Runa let the darkness then dissipate.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Kirah
Raw
Avatar of Kirah

Kirah Dragonbunny

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Ed Penior




Location: Space Jail
Skills: Thamaturgy: Shield, force



Ed wasn't a pacifist, and he certainly believed that sometimes death was a necessity. He, however, according to his family law, could not kill with his magic. Since the fight with Loki he had come up with a few ways that he could. He didn't like that he had, but now, as far as he was concerned, was not the time nor place to be trying any of those darker twists on what his spells could do. Controlling the field into their favor, however, was something he could do. That meant he could provide cover as well as remove objects from play.

Ed quickly created a dome shield covering the group that was below. Bullets were raining down on them and this was the best he could do to help them. If they moved out from underneath the shield they'd be exposed. He flicked several force blasts at guards with guns. His intention of course was to remove the guns from those his shield wasn't protecting the group below. Ed was able to take out five guns. Flinging those guns out of the hands of the guards.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44 Tech Monkey

Member Online






Guina I'm fine, just a little tired and dizzy, Pietro said to her mentally.

"You do realize I essentially just asked that question right? I am surrounded by idiots," she responded towards Bethany with a bit of an eye roll. There was a reason she was instantly messing with the nearest panel, not like she hadn't at least somewhat thought this through. Of course, she wasn't really the planner type, nope that sort of person was Mary. She was the type who just dove headfirst into things, she also figured that there was no way that Mary would have technically been able to deal with all of this and move super quickly on the fly, like jumping down essentially 3 stories to mess with something or whatever.

She rolled her eyes at Guin now, "Look genius, there are 20 panels on the wall that all look identical, and no one can go through that many, we are just looking for a big battery to yank the plug, you can't do that all on your own, you are stuck, so instead of saying Oh, I've got this I don't need anyone else we actually try to yank as many panels open as possible! Oh, and also wall of vines, at least protects us from some of the gun fire on our level, but that's just something you might want to consider while you sit there with your gigantic ego." She hated Guin, and had no idea really how too many people could actually deal with being in the same room as her, though now it would be more plainly obvious since the three of them were right by each other that yup, Mary was not the one calling the shots at the moment.

"Just look for a big battery it stands out like a sore thumb should be around there somewhere!" Rocket called back to them.

"I am Groot."

"Shut up Groot, apparently they decided to add more electrical panels to cause problems for people who aren't idiots to try and pull the plug. It is still down there, I know that one for sure!"

Chrysi was instantly messing with a panel, managing to yank it open and see what was beyond it, unfortunately for her, it just seemed like a simple security panel and not actually a panel with a rather large looking battery. "Damn it, well onto the next one I guess," she muttered, before she took the time to strengthen her wall of plant life and thorns. It was actually somewhat impressive to see how much she managed to create just from the initial tree branch that she had gotten from Groot.

The shots fired down their way bounced off of it for the most part, aside from one shot. That laser fire managed to punch a hole straight through the wall and hit her in the arm. "Damn it," she said again, before she used her powers to patch up the hole in the wall.

Meanwhile, upstairs where everyone else was, a group of guards was heading their way, guns drawn, and they instantly started firing again, well, more of continuing to fire off at them. Lance actually got somewhat in the way of the gun fire though, preventing them from actually hitting the group. Guess it paid to have someone who could take a bunch of gun fire though, so that was nice.

The group up above seemed to be having a somewhat easier time because of this sort of thing. "We might want to head upstairs, or try to head upstairs anyway, get ready for when that battery is pulled," Rocket decided to point out.

There was the sound of a commotion coming from up above, and out of nowhere there was a rather large blast that knocked several of the guards over, leaving the others to turn and started firing in the direction towards whoever had caused it. The blasts were deflected somewhat off to the side, and someone just casually walked over to the group.

"Hiya Runa, bit of chaos with a prison break huh? I did get your distress call though... So I've got good news and bad news. Good news, I have a ship for us or whatever if you need it. Bad news, the instant I got here they tried to arrest me, so not gonna be easy, which means we're going to have to stick with the prison break or whatever it is that you all have are doing," Klara said as she walked over swinging her sword casually around.

"Who the hell are you?" Quill asked her.

"Doesn't look like she's from this part of space," Gamora agreed.

"Klara, daughter of Thor and I'm from Asgard," she responded simply introducing herself. Another gun shot was heading her way, but she rather easily swung her sword up, and the sort of blaster looking fire was deflected by her sword. "Are these people even trying to arrest us or stop the chaos?" she asked, sounding a bit bored.

"Well aren't you a strange one," Quill said with a bit of a shrug, though he did take the time to go over and grab a gun off of the nearest guard, and he grabbed another one and tossed it over to Rocket.
1x Like Like
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Online




Bethany Bell


The Kyln
Skills: N/A





Bethany turned to glare at Mary for a moment and rolled her eyes towards her. "Well at least i'm not going in guns blazing without an idea or anything." Bethany said towards her as she watched Guin coming down the stairs. "Sorry about that Guin." Bethany said as she quickly stood up and started to make her way towards the panels watching Mary getting shot in the arm and winced slightly. Bethany could hear all of the gun fire going off, as she made it to the panels and started to look at all of them before opening two of them. They didnt really look important at all really to her before going on.

When she got to the next one it looked totally different from the other two as she looked over towards Guin. "I think I found it." Beth said as she reached into the opened panel and yanked out the battery of sorts. As soon as she did that all of the power had gone off. Then red emergency lights come on and then loud alarms started blaring. "I hope thats the right one." Beth said as she backed up slightly.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by KazAlkemi
Raw
Avatar of KazAlkemi

KazAlkemi Ketterdam

Member Seen 1 day ago



Antoinette McCarthy


Location: Kyln -- Space
Skills: PTSD minor freak out




The blood continued to pound in Antoinette’s ears as the gun fire rained down around her. There were blasters and all sorts of laser’s going off that reminded her of a light show. It calmed her down some but she still knew they were lethal weapons and still knew what that sound meant to her. Still, she was no longer having flashbacks.
When Antoinette heard Rocket say they should move on while the others looked for the battery, Antoinette crawled closer to them before standing up. They had to get out quickly, especially with another guard group arriving. Klara showed up then and Antoinette was a bit surprised to see her but grateful as well.
”Let’s get going, no time like the present,” Antoinette managed to get out. Her voice was shaky though and she froze when the lights went out. A loud alarm sound started blaring through the jail and Antoinette clamped her hands over her ears. It would drown out the sound of gun fire surely but her ears were extra sensitive already because of it.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Kirah
Raw
Avatar of Kirah

Kirah Dragonbunny

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Ed Penior




Location: Space Jail
Skills: Thamaturgy: Shield, force



"Hello Klara. A pleasure to see you again." Ed nodded to the young-looking woman who had joined them. It was nice to have additional backup. "Honestly, I think the guards just enjoy a fight." He shook his head. There were precautions against this sort of thing back on Earth. He was surprised that the supposedly hardest prison to escape was so easy to start a riot in.

Ed saw that Annie was distressed and placed his hand gently on her shoulder. "Come on it'll be okay." He tried to reassure her. The good news was he thought the right battery had been pulled. "Where to now Rocket?" He asked loudly over the gunfire and the alarm.

[hider=held roll]Ed will turn his shield into a pointed snow shovel to push people out of the way so the group can go where Rocket tells them.[/color]
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose ✨Snips ✨

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Guin Stark

Location: The Kyln
Skills: Telepathy

Guin ignored Mary. She didn't have the mental or emotional space to deal with her at the moment. Besides, she knew that Mary was probably just trying to get a rise out of her, a way to get a twisted sense of satisfaction. There was no point in even replying to her, as anything Mary said would be more of the same holier-than-thou bullshit. It was really a pity - her friend used to have so much more range than that. "Save your breath, there's no use in talking to her when she's like this," Guin told Bethany.

Guin started opening various panels, moving quickly and efficiently as she more or less had an idea as to what they were looking for. She wasn't the one to be lucky though - Bethany found the correct one and yanked the battery out. Judging by the flashing red lights and whatnot, Guin figured it was more likely than not that Bethany had pulled the right one. "Looks like it," she agreed with Beth. "Do you mind shadow traveling us back on up there, Nico?" she asked, ribbing Bethany slightly. Her powers were a little similar to Nico di Angelo's after all. You hanging in there? Guin then mentally whispered to Pietro, hoping to check in with him again, despite his reassurances that he was fine.

Runa Baldurdattir

Location: The Kyln
Skills: N/A

Runa was conflicted upon seeing Klara - happy that her call had been answered, but mildly annoyed that Klara was more or less acting like her father in this situation. Still, she smiled upon seeing her cousin. It'd be good to have another Asgardian in this fight. The X-Men weren't too shabby, but even they couldn't fight off the entirety of the Nova Corps by themselves. They needed allies, beyond the rabbit and his friends. "They are trying their best - somewhat pitifully," Runa explained. Klara had taken out a large number of the combatants, but not all of them.

Gandr may not have been working when it came to rewriting reality, but her staff was multifunctional. Runa went back into the fray, swinging her staff around and knocking out combatant after combatant, until she had taken out five in total. She wasn't out of breadth yet, as Asgardians were more or less meant for this sort of thing. Hopefully things were cleared enough that they could begin making their way upwards - the flashing lights told her that those down below had likely accomplished their task.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44 Tech Monkey

Member Online






Mary sort of stumbled backwards for a second, as her brain cleared for a moment as she looked at where they were and what needed to happen. Namely, where they needed to go. "Where to now?" she ended up calling upwards towards Rocket, since he clearly knew what it was that they needed to do and where to go.

"Now main control room, the watch tower, entrance is up a few more levels from here," came his response as he started firing off the gun that was in his hands. His very first shot went straight through one of the guards, "Well didn't expect that one." he couldn't help but comment.

"Up a few floors higher from there huh?" she mused, glancing upwards. Her shield was holding up somewhat at the moment, but the guards were starting to fire off even more. Plus there wasn't any guarantees that Bethany would be accurate with her travel heading someplace they haven't really seen before. She could just barely make out a few guards on that balcony, meaning that they'd have to take those guys out first. "We need to get up there now to start clearing out the area, since otherwise we'd have to keep fighting our way up there... And if we slow down the guys on the top level then they won't easily be able to head down the stairs to cause problems for the others... Hmmm... I've got an idea to get us up there now... It should work... I hope..."

She disconnected the tree branch from the wall of plant life, and glanced over at the other two. "Okay, I can see where we need to get to, or at least the level... So you might want to hold on," Mary said, before she held the branch pointed upwards, and a rather large vine shot out from it, soaring up and above their heads and attaching itself to the railing up there. The plant life started spreading as if to anchor it in place. More vines sort of shot out from the branch, this time anchoring the branch and vines around Mary's waist, as well as almost creating sort of shield that would move with her.

"Well let's fly," she commented, before grabbing Guin by the arm with one hand, and Bethany's arm in her other, before all three of them shot straight upwards. The Nova Corps apparently despite their reputation in the galaxy could not hit anything worth a damn, and they went straight up and over the railing onto the ground on the level they needed to get to. "That honestly worked out better than I thought," she couldn't help but mutter to herself. Another thought crossed her mind, and a vine shot out once again and rather easily snatched a gun from one of the guards. "Hey Guin, want this?" she asked, tossing it to her friend.

"Pleasure to see you again as well," she said with a bit of a wave. Ed's shovel would be able to somewhat be able to shove people out of the way, but only partially, as there were a whole lot of people in the area, both prisoners and guards. "I might have a bit of an explanation for what's going on, just give me a minute!"

She instantly swung her sword around in a bit of an arc, and a giant wave of water materialized as if out of nowhere, knocking for of them back, so there was now a semi-circle of sorts around them that was growing larger. Klara took a deep breath, her sword still up at the ready and she glanced back at the others, before looking at her cousin in particular. "Took me a while to get here not just because of the need to get a ship, but because I figured might as well do a little recon. The Nova Corps never arrest anyone for no reason, but from what I could tell you guys essentially were. No proof, no evidence a crime even took place, figured might as well ask around and figure out what the hell is going on. I'm not a hundred percent sure, but from what I can tell parts of space are getting completely destroyed, or there is evidence that something was being destroyed... Just not in our universe. That's the short version, once we get you all out of here I'll go more into detail then that. But apparently whatever is going on has got the Nova Corps majorly trigger happy, reason why they won't hesitate to shoot first and ask questions later right now."

"I mean for us it was because someone was a greedy idiot!" Quill commented.

"Was not!" Rocket protested.

"Shut up both of you!" Now Gamora was clearly getting annoyed with the pair arguing, "Usually they at least listen to reason and you both know it. We offered to return the damn batteries that Rocket snatched, but they were a lot more on the side of not listening to anything, despite how many times we've helped them out of a pinch before, and just arrested us, and I don't even think they took back what got stolen," she explained, more or less going more into detail what had gotten their group locked up.

I'm fine Guina, just probably shouldn't be racing around still... Also did I just see you all go flying past where we are and upwards to a different landing or whatever? Pietro responded, and he couldn't help but ask the question. Everything was sort of going by in a bit of a blur for him.

Lance meanwhile was still more or less going on a bit of a rampage, though in this case it was definitely to the groups benefit. Since even though he was sort of not in control at the moment, he did seem to get that they needed to head upwards. While Ed had managed to clear the way partially, Lance managed to clear the rest of the stairway upwards by throwing a few prisoners at the guards coming down and paving the way for the group to head to at least the next level. If they did things the smart way, they actually had a chance to reach where the other three were 2 floors up.

Speaking of the group that was now upstairs, they were a bit outnumbered, and Mary only a sort of makeshift wall to defend them, nothing really strong like the wall she had created downstairs. The blasts from the guards up where they were were not good, and Mary had made sure (without telling the other two) that the shielding was higher around them. Of course, this resulted in her ending up getting hit by a total of 4 of the many many shots that got fired at them. Luckily only 8 shots in total out of over two dozen fired actually hit them, which was something positive.

Mary definitely got the short end, since she got hit the worse because of how she had made her small shield, and several of the shots hit her in the chest, and one actually slammed into the side of her head, blood starting to mix in with her red hair. Two shots managed to break the shield over by Guin, one hitting her in her right shoulder, and another managing to hit her leg. The injuries would sting and burn like hell, but she'd be alright. The two shots that hit Bethany didn't exactly end the best either, one hitting her in the arm, another slamming directly into her knee, making it a little difficult to stand without there being a slight burning pain, but it wouldn't be too difficult.

"You know... I've had worse," she commented before glancing over at the guards, and the vines that were around the group shot out and forward straight for the mob of guards by them, and they managed to slam into several of the guards near them. Mary was just staring, not moving from where she was as a few of the guards got thrown off the edge and down to the floor far below. It was almost like her powers had gotten a sort of defensive thing in case she got injured severely in order to hopefully not end up having her die or something. Since it seemed like she was only partially in control of what was going on, but it was sort of hard to tell. There ended up being a somewhat large circle around them that was free of guards. It gave them quite a bit of breathing room, but they should probably be prepared for more incoming.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Online




Bethany Bell


The Kyln
Skills: Shadow Manipulation, Shadow Solidification





Bethany looked towards Guin for a moment and then up to where they needed to go, it was several floors up and didnt really have a clear shot of the area aside from the balcony. A lot of things could happen, they could be surrounded by guards or prisoners, or they could appear just in the air and nothing solid and they could end up falling. "I could try being your Nico." Bethany said towards Guin, shaking her head slightly at the Percy Jackson reference sure she did actually like the books and her powerset was a lot like Nico's at times as well to. When Mary actually came to and made a vine to where they needed to go, and then Mary grabbing both her and Guin and they went flying into the air.

Feeling the breeze going through her hair as they went flying several floors up, Beth managed to land on her feet and looked around seeing several guards and they started to open fire on all of them. They were really outnumbered right now as Mary made a makeshift wall, they ended up getting shot, Mary getting hit the worse. Bethany yelled out in pain as she dropped down to one knee feeling a sharp burning pain going through her left knee and then through her shoulder. She had a bit of an idea she hadn't done before as she held out both arms and created a shadowy like dome around the three of them. "We need to keep moving and fast, i'm not sure how strong it is." Beth told Mary a Guin as she tried to slowly stand back up shifting her weight onto her good leg.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by KazAlkemi
Raw
Avatar of KazAlkemi

KazAlkemi Ketterdam

Member Seen 1 day ago



Antoinette McCarthy


Location: Kyln -- Space
Skills:




Antoniette felt a hand on her and jumped, ready to punch or slap but relaxed when she heard Ed’s voice. She leaned into him a little, latching a hand onto his arm and nodded. She would stick close to him and follow where he went. Knowing someone else could guide her would help her get out of this place Antoinette figured.
She watched Ed create a bit of shovel to get rid of some guards and Lance continued on with his Hulk rampage. Antoinette tuned into Klara’s explanation and was surprised to hear they were captured for no reason but it sounded like something serious was happening. Antoinette could hardly blame the Nova Corps now getting jumpy at the sight of a new ship.
As things started to move forward, the panic that had crippled Antoinette in the beginning of the gun fight, was now diminishing. She owed a lot of that to the comforting presence of Ed and remained close to them as they moved forward.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose ✨Snips ✨

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Guin Stark

Location: The Kyln
Skills: Telepathy, Pistol

"There is no way that this is OSHA approved!" Guin quipped, as Mary made a sort of moving beanstalk elevator situation. Mary had grabbed her arm and Guin really wished that there would have been some sort of plant safety belt. She wasn't scared of falling - more of being dropped and hitting the ground with a splat... and especially since with Pietro more or less out of commission, she couldn't count on him to swoop in and save her. She had really gotten used to having a speedster on call. At least the trip was short. She was very happy when she was on solid ground, especially as her arm was sore from the trip on up, as at times it had felt like her arm was about to be ripped out of its socket. "Okay, I won't sue you for endangering me at work, but you have to go on a date with Rudy Giuliani. It's only fair."

However, she was very happy when Mary tossed her a space gun. "Okay, fine, I'll take a bribe," Guin joked. She then swore as she took two shots - one to the leg, another to the shoulder. They felt like a dragon had spit up mini fireballs and felted her with them. Fuck fuck fuck that hurts! Guin exclaimed through the mental link. Mary took care of the first wave or so of the guards, and Guin, feeling very much annoyed that someone had shot her, decided to continue Mary's good work. Guin was clearly more of Princess Leia than a stormtrooper when it came to shots, firing off the space gun and taking down five easily. What hurts? What happened? Are you okay????

"Okay, this is my new favorite toy!" She then fired off more blasts, taking out another three. She was having fun now with this. She shot another one - this one was a kill shot, hitting them in the chest. These assholes fucking shot me! Getting shot is baaaaaaad!

Runa Baldurdattir

Location: The Kyln
Skills: Darkness Manipulation

Runa huffed. It really irritated her to hear about how incompetent other justice systems were, as her brother ran the courts on Asgard and was the pinnacle of justice and fair treatment under the law. She made a mental note to complain to her brother about the Nova Corps the next time she was on Asgard. "Of course they simply assumed, they appear to be severely lacking in brains as of late," Runa muttered with a frown. Lance seemed to be enjoying himself as he rampaged around, and Runa didn't sense that he was in immediate danger or anything like that. He had helpfully cleared the stairway for them too.

She didn't need to take the stairs however. She swirled darkness around herself and threw herself high up into the air, propelling herself ever upwards until she reached her desired destination. It was half throwing herself, half flying really at the end of it. She nodded at Mary, Bethany, and Guin, seeing that Guin had a gun that she seemed rather happy with. Runa rolled her eyes slightly. Guns had absolutely no aesthetic to them in her opinion. They weren't as elegant as traditional Asgardian weapons.
↑ Top
1 User viewing this page
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet